With more than 150 years of forging and metal working experience, the HBD Precision Components Group specializes in the manufacture of precision closed die, net and near-net forgings and machined components. Brands include California Drop Forge, Inc. (CDF), Precision Metal Products, Inc. (PMP), and True Position Technologies, Inc. (TPT).
The HBD Precision Components Group has a vast collection of forging equipment that allows us to supply a wide range of products, large or small, that are manufactured to precise specifications and requirements for aerospace, military, and industrial applications. Each brand provides various sizes to meet demanding requirements.
California Drop Forge
- Precision forgings range from 2lbs. to 1,000 lbs
- Forging parts and components can be produced up to 62” long by 33” wide and 12” thick, depending on material type and configuration
- Forging equipment includes steam hammers (2,500 to 35,000 ft-lb), hydraulic presses (2,000 tons), and mechanical presses (700 tons)
- Primary Metal Alloys Used: Carbon & Micro-Alloy Steels, Customer-Specified Alloys, Nickel-Based Alloys (Inconel, Has-X, etc.), Stainless Steel, Titanium, Other Exotic Alloys
True Position Technologies
- Capable of manufacturing components that weigh up to 350 lbs.
- Ability to design within a 24-inch cube are a great fit and larger components are possible depending on the geometry
- Facility features multiple 5-axis Advanced Machining Centers with dozens of pallets and hundreds of tools capable of continuous operation. Along with CNC lathes, CNC mills, precision deburring and extensive assembly capabilities, TPT is ready to offer complete solutions
- Experienced machinists of aluminum, titanium, steels and superalloys. Input configurations include hog-outs, castings and forgings
Precision Metal Products
- Precision forgings range from 1lb. to 80 lbs with tolerance up to ±0.005 inches (plan area up to 250 sq. in)
- Forging equipment includes screw presses (200-7,000 tons), mechanical press (75-1,500 tons), hydraulic presses (300-1,000 tons), high velocity presses (125,000-30,000 ft lb) and upsetting presses (1.25” Max Billet Diameter)
- Primary Metal Alloys Used: Aluminum, Carbon & Micro-Alloy Steels, Cobalt – Chrome, Columbium, C 103 & Customer-Specified Alloys, Magnesium, Nickel- Based Alloys (Inconel, Has-X, etc.), Stainless Steel, Titanium, Other Exotic Alloys
We offer customers a complete in-house array of services, including product design, engineering, metallurgical assistance, quality/tolerance testing, product prototype development, tooling fabrication, heat treatment, milling, turning, fabrication and repair, metallurgical testing, hot caustic cleaning and various presses (screw, mechanical, hydraulic, high-velocity, and upsetting).
- Power Generation
- Transportation & Utilities